The summer heat has kicked in. The kids are off school, and thoughts turn to vacations, outdoor activities like barbeques, days at the park, and fun at the pool. But as we transition our suede shoes to sandals and sweaters for tank tops, we must also transition our skincare. Yes, summer is here, and with it comes new skin issues. Oily skin gets oilier, dry skin gets patchy, pests and bugs are out, and the sun’s intensity wreaks havoc on even healthy skin. Here are a few simple tips to keep your skin glowing all summer long:
- Drink lots of water. Staying sufficiently hydrated is a key element to healthy skin. During the summer heat, our water requirements increase as we sweat more. Make sure you’re getting at least half your bodyweight in ounces every day in cool, refreshing, pure water. For example, if you weight 140 lbs, you would need to drink at least 70 ounces of water every day. Getting enough water not only helps your body, but helps your skin as well.
- Exfoliate regularly. During the summer months, it is especially important to exfoliate as part of your regular skincare routine. Exfoliation helps remove excess dust, sweat, and dry or dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. Use Jordan Essentials Gentle Exfoliant for your face and your favorite Jordan Essentials Salt Scrub for the rest of your body to smooth and soothe the skin.
- Moisturize. Summer months cause dry skin just as much as winter months. Moving in and out of air-conditioned areas alone can cause your skin to dry out. In the summer, use lighter lotions like Jordan Essentials Hand & Body Lotion or our popular Jordan Essentials Magnesium Lotion. And don’t forget your feet! Summer months mean more barefoot time or sandal time, so pamper your feet with Jordan Essentials Happy Feet Collection.
- Stick to the basics. Because increased sweating can cause our skin pores to open up, it is especially important to use a quality, toxin-free skincare routine that includes a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer every morning and each evening before bedtime. Toning, especially, is important after cleansing, to close those pores, tightening the skin and avoiding those annoying breakouts.
- Protect the skin. UV rays from the sun can be harmful for your skin any time of the year, but more so in the summer months due to increased intensity and exposure. Overexposure to the sun can lead to age spots, dry skin, burns, and wrinkles. Wear a hat, use an umbrella as a sun shield, light long-sleeves, and other protective measures will help protect the skin, particularly during extended periods in the sun.
- Don’t forget your lips. The sun’s rays are harshest between noon and 4 p.m. during the summer months. Use extra caution during those times to protect your skin, and don’t forget to protect your lips. Exfoliate and moisturize your lips with Jordan Essentials Lip Care Duo.
- Cool off with a Mist. Jordan Essential Spritzers are a must to carry with you everywhere you go. Just mist on for a refreshing “pick-me-up” for your skin. Spritzers contain aloe leaf juice which is known for its cooling and healing qualities. Stash a bottle of your favorite fragrance in your cooler when you’re out and about, keep one in the car, and have one in your purse so you’re ready for a quick mist whenever you need it. Jordan Essentials Lavender Essential Oil Spray is a must for soothing over-exposed or burned skin.
Whether you’re chillin’ by the pool, hanging out with friends, or just going through your daily routine, follow these simple summer skin care tips for that youthful glow that shines brighter than the hot summer sun. And, since all our products are free from any toxic chemicals, you can share these skin care tips with the whole family. Here at Jordan Essentials, we support your “Healthy Skin, and Healthy Life!”